Saturday, August 9, 2014

Big score on E-Bay

I have been looking for a recliner for the RV for a while, and found several that I liked but nothing was exactly what I wanted.  I had been to the LaZBoy store before but then decided to wait, and after looking at several furniture stores, Costco & Sam's Club, I returned to LaZBoy and narrowed it down to several leather recliners that would fit in the space I have in the 5th wheel.   I really like the power recline feature but that added $300 to the price of the chair. 

I decided to check Craigslist and E-Bay since I've found some good buys there before.  I couldn't find anything I liked on Craigslist, but on E-Bay I found the very chair I was interested in from LaZBoy.  It was advertised as being like new with tags still attached.  It looked great from the photos so I decided to take a chance and make an offer on it, conditional on approving of the condition when I saw it.  The seller accepted my offer and John and I drove over to Fremont (75 miles south-west of Sacramento) and WOW, the chair was perfect. 

I asked why they were selling it and the seller told me he had bought it for his wife just before she had their new baby boy.  She didn't like the leather on the chair because she said it made her perspire.  So, they put the chair in a spare bedroom and waited a month or so to see if she changed her mind, but she still didn't like it, so they decided to sell it.  I got it for  $400, and of course no tax or delivery fee (well, it did take a 1/4 tank of diesel in the truck to get there and back). 

On the way home, we stopped in Elk Grove at Pizza Bell, our favorite pizza place.  It's called Pizza BELL because the owner's last name is Bell.  They have fantastic pizza, and although its 22 miles down the freeway from where we live, we get down there about once a month, usually with our friends Roy and Rhonda.   We actually have a tradition that we started two years ago; we go there every July to talk about our retirement plans and all things RV related.   They are going to retire the same date we are. 

We took my other recliner that I (like the lady above) never sat in because I couldn't get comfortable, to a consignment shop after we got home. 

I'm a very happy camper and look forward to many years of relaxing in that chair.
Here's a pic:  It looks very red in this picture but in regular light it is a very dark brown with a little burgundy undertone but nothing like the red in the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment