Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Picking out carpet; so many choices.

Not much is going on here.  We took the RV in a week ago to get an estimate for new flooring.  We are going to have the treads on the steps to the bedroom made deeper, have the new toilet put in since they have to take the old one out anyway (no extra charge), and have a receiver welded onto the rear for a bike rack. 

We went to a local wholesale carpet dealer and picked out LVT (luxury vinyl tiles) and carpet.  This is really good carpet, and since it will get heavy use between us and the two dogs, we went with the higher end carpet and an 8# pad. 

I have to decide how I want the tile layed.  They charge extra to do any fancy layouts, but can stagger the squares rather than line them up.  Because this looks more like porcelain tile I want them all going the same direction, and they are going to grout between the squares. 

Here are our choices:

                                            Mannington Adura Vibe LVT
                                                   in Linen 18" squares

 
Shaw Tuftex carpet:
 Coronado Bay in Taupe Charm
 
 
 
I still haven't put up the backsplash tiles.  It has been too hot to do it so I'm going to have to wait until we have a weekend when the temp is in the 80s  instead of the high 90s.  Like I do every Sept.   I am getting sick of the heat and I'm  ready for some cooler days. 

I'm going to get some "before " pictures taken this week before the RV goes in for the flooring.  We are scheduled for Oct.6th. 

On a totally non RV related topic, I have been watching the HBO series OZ on my new iPad Mini (an early birthday gift from John).  There are 6 seasons and 8 episodes per season so it's going to take me a while to get through the whole series.  It is extremely violent but the acting is terrific and I'm totally hooked.  It's interesting in that this was the first series HBO did (1997-2003) and Edie Falco and Christopher Meloni are just two of the then unknowns who have roles, as well as Rick Fox and the guy who plays the professor on the Farmer's Insurance ads (as a really creepy Arian Brotherhood inmate) and the guy who plays Mayhem on the State Farm ads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment